Gluten Free Sweet Potato Bread made with healthy ingredients like almond flour and sweet potato! It’s a fluffy and moist, perfectly spiced bread that makes for a tasty snack!
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted refined coconut oil (butter or ghee also works)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat over to 350F.
- Whisk together the sweet potato puree, eggs, coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, agave, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Add the almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and salt.
- Whisk until combined.
- Line a loaf pan 8 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Top with chopped pecans and bake for 40 minutes until the top is set and it bounces back when you press on it.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 5 – 10 minutes and then pull the edges of the parchment paper to transfer it to a cooling rack.
- If you don’t have sweet potato puree, boil peeled sweet potato cubes for 10 minutes until easily pierced with a fork. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Mash with a fork and then measure 1 cup for the recipe.
- I don’t recommend roasting or microwaving the sweet potato because it takes too much liquid out of the potato and thus the bread isn’t as moist and delicious.