Enjoy this Gluten Free Red Velvet Cookie Skillet for a fancy and fun Valentine’s day dessert! It’s made with almond flour and so simple to make!
- 1/2 cup salted butter (or ghee)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- couple pinches pink salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (I used minis)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Use a handheld whisk or electric mixer to cream together the butter and coconut sugar. If using a handheld whisk, you really having to vigorously whisk it for a good 30 seconds. You want it to be fluffy, creamy, and light brown in color.
- Add the egg, vanilla and food coloring and whisk again until combined.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Mix again until combined.
- Fold in most of the chocolate chips, reserving some to sprinkle on top.
- Grease your skillet with butter. I like using two smaller (6 inch) cast iron skillets, but you can use one larger 8 inch.
- Transfer the dough into the skillet and spread it out evenly.
- Add additional white chocolate chips on top.
- If using smaller skillets, bake for 8 – 10 minutes until the edges are stiff but the center is still gooey. If you want it more cooked through, bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Top with ice cream, additional melted white chocolate, or whatever you like!