There’s something about a beautifully swirled dessert that just puts a smile on your face! This Gluten Free Pumpkin Roll is your favorite autumn dessert!
- 1 cup gluten-free 1:1 flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 and 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus about 1/2 cup for dusting
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix together the gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and sea salt with a whisk.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin, coconut sugar, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla extract and mix until everything is well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined 11×15 inch baking sheet with sides, or a jelly roll pan. Slide the pan into the oven and bake for 14-17 minutes, or until the cake springs back in the middle when touched.
- Remove the pan from the oven and lay a kitchen towel out flat on the counter. Sprinkle the towel and cake with powdered sugar and turn the cake out on to the towel. Sprinkle powdered sugar on the other side of the cake.
- Starting with one of the short ends, roll the cake and towel into a log. Let the cake cool completely in the towel, this helps it keep its shape more easily.
- When the cake log is cool, with a standing or handheld mixer, whips the cream cheese for 30 seconds to one minute until soft and creamy. Add the heavy cream and whip for 1-2 minutes, or until well incorporated and fluffy. Add the remaining vanilla, powdered sugar and cinnamon and combine.
- Unroll the cake from the towel and place it on several pieces of plastic wrap. Spread the cream cheese filling all over the cake and roll it up again. Wrap the log tightly with the plastic wrap to hold the shape and place it in the fridge for 20 minutes to set before slicing and serving.