You’ll love these paleo + Gluten Free Pistachio Muffins!! I love the nutty pistachio flavor! It’s perfect for breakfast or dessert and snacking in between!
- 1 cup pistachios (raw or roasted)
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional, use ONLY if your nuts are unsalted)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- splash vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or favorite milk)
- 1/4 cup pistachios (for topping
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works too)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the pistachios, almond flour, coconut sugar, and baking soda in the food processor and process until combined and all the pistachios are chopped up to a meal.
- Add the egg, splash of vanilla, and milk.
- Blend again until completely combined.
- Line the muffin tins with liners (wait, I feel like that’s redundant).
- Divide the batter into 11 of the tins. I used an ice cream scooper to scoop the batter into each liner.
- Rinse out the food processor and add the pistachios for topping and agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works too) to the food processor.
- Process until they’re all chopped up and resemble and nutty pesto.
- Place a small dollop on top of each muffin and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Check on the at the 15 minute mark and keep them in for additional minutes as needed.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy!!