These Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches are a play off my favorite oatmeal cream pies. They’re pillowy, yet hearty and deliciously creamy in the center!
For the cookies:
- 2 Tbsp ghee or grass-fed butter, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 room temperature eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- flaked sea salt for topping
For the cream filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Fold in the almond flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough into balls and place them on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown and cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
- When the cookies have cooled, whisk together the cream cheese, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the inside of half of the cookies and top with the rest of the cookies to make sandwiches. Enjoy!