Once you have these soft baked, gooey Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies you will never want to eat another cookie, they’re so good!!
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup gluten free traditional rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the melted butter, coconut sugar, egg and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Add the blanched almond flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, reserving some for the top.
- Chill for 30 minutes in the fridge. DO NOT SKIP THIS.
- After the 30 minute chill, use two tablespoons to scoop 12 cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I liked to roll the cookie dough balls into smoother balls in between my hands.
- Use the palm of your hand to slightly flatten out the tops of the balls.
- Add 2 – 3 additional chocolate chips to the tops of the cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. I found 10 minutes made for a deliciously soft-baked, gooey center with crisp edges. But, if you want a crispier cookie, I’d let them bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- makes for 12 large or 18 small/medium cookies
Keywords: oatmeal cookie, oatmeal cookie recipe, gluten free oatmeal cookies, gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, healthy oatmeal cookies