Macaroni + Cheese is an easy meal guaranteed to be a family favorite. It’s made with chickpea pasta so it’s lower carb compared to traditional pasta, gluten free, and vegan!
- 8 oz. chickpea pasta
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 12+ hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Cook your chickpea pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Place the pasta back into the empty pot.
- Place the cashews, nutritional yeast, almond milk, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and salt into the food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the chickpea pasta and mix to combine.
- Top with fresh herbs (optional)
Serving : Calories 440; Fat 16.4g (Sat 2.2g); Protein 28.6g; Carb 57.2g (net carb 42.4g); Fiber 14.9g; Sodium 271mg