Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Bread with a fresh, jammy blackberry glaze is made with almond flour, fresh lemon and berries, and comes together in one bowl!
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (ghee or refined coconut oil also works)
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
Jammy Blackberry Glaze:
- 1 pint fresh blackberries (frozen also works)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs, and coconut sugar.
- Add the blanched almond flour, baking powder, salt, and poppy seeds.
- Whisk until combined.
- Line an 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper so that it drapes across the two long sides of the bread pan.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and bake for 32 – 35 minutes until the top is golden brown and set in the middle.
- Remove the bread from the oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the bread is cooling, place the blackberries and water in a small pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and continue to simmer.
- Add in the coconut sugar and use your spatula to break up the blackberries.
- Continue to cook until the glaze thickens and reduces, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- If you don’t like the seeds, you can put the glaze into your food processor and blender to break them up and then strain the seeds out before you drizzle the smooth glaze on top our your cake. I kinda like the homestyle rustic, jammy blackberry glaze happening here, but it’s all personal preference.