Make this Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread for St. Patrick’s Day this year! It’s so fluffy and moist and perfect when you toast it up with some butter!
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener (mine is a monkfruit/erythritol mix)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (1/2 tablespoons lemon juice or white vinegar + 1/2 cup whole milk), room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Affix the c-dough hook attachment to the mixer.
- Place the almond flour, tapioca flour, monk fruit sweetener, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt in the bowl of a standing mixer.
- Turn the mixer on and slowly pour the buttermilk into the bowl.
- Once the dough comes together, transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use your hands to pat and smooth the dough into a ball.
- Sprinkle the ball with additional tapioca flour.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a small “x” into the top of the ball.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until it sounds hard when you knock on it.
- Allow the bread to cool for about 30 minutes before you slice into it with a bread knife.
- If you’re making your own buttermilk, mix it together and allow it to sit out for about 30 minutes to thicken and come to room temperature.
- nutritional info below is if you slice it into 8 slices
- makes 8 – 10 slices
Keywords: irish soda bread, irish soda bread recipe, irish soda bread gluten free, low carb irish soda bread, egg free irish soda bread, irish soda bread almond flour, irish soda bread made with almond flour, easy irish soda bread, homemade irish soda bread, irish soda bread with gluten free flour, gluten free irish soda bread almond flour, low carb irish soda bread recipe, low carb gluten free irish soda bread