These Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls are pillowy soft and gooey and so delicious! They’re gluten free, paleo-friendly, and are easy enough to whip together!
For the rolls:
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup warm, full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup melted ghee or grass fed butter
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- About 3 to 3 and 1/4 cups all-purpose gluten free 1:1 flour
For the filling:
- 4 Tbsp. softened ghee or grass fed butter
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
For the glaze:
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- About 2 Tbsp. full fat coconut milk
- Add the yeast, sugar, water and coconut milk to the bowl of a standing mixer or a large bowl if you’re using your hands. Let the yeast bloom in the warm liquid for 5-10 minutes. You should see bubbles and smell the yeast.
- Next, add the ghee, cider vinegar, vanilla, salt, cream of tartar, and baking powder and mix with a dough hook attachment in a mixer or a whisk if you’re not using a mixer. Incorporate, and then add the eggs.
- Once the eggs are mixed in, add 1 and 1/2 cups of the flour and combine, gradually, in 1/2 cup increments, add the remaining flour until the dough just starts to pull together. Once it pulls together, stop adding flour. You should be able to press the dough with your finger, and when you pull back, no dough should remain on your finger.
- Knead with the dough hook attachment in the mixer for 3 minutes, or with your hands on a flat, well-floured surface for 5 minutes.
- Cover the bowl and let the dough rise for 2 hours.
- Roll the dough out onto a piece of parchment paper into a rectangle.
- Spread on the ghee for the filling and sprinkle on the cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- Roll the dough into a log, starting at one of the long ends.
- Slice the dough into 8 pieces and arrange them in a lightly greased casserole dish.
- Let the rolls rise, covered, for 30 additional minutes to an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Let the rolls cool for 5 or so minutes before mixing together the glaze ingredients and pouring it over the cinnamon rolls.
- Serve warm and enjoy!