Decadently rich, this gooey Gluten Free Chocolate Lava Cake has a soft chocolate shell and a gooey molten center. Perfect with a melty scoop of ice cream!
- 1 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter
- pinch of pink salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup blanched almond flour
- butter for greasing the ramekins
- cocoa powder for dusting the ramekins
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- raspberries for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Whisk in the salt, vanilla, and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs and egg yolks and whisk until combined.
- Finally, add the almond flour and whisk until combined.
- Grease the ramekins with butter and then dust liberally them with cocoa powder.The more you dust, the better chances your cakes will turn out and not stick to the ramekins.
- Divide the cake batter between the four ramekins and place the ramekins on a small sheet pan.
- Bake for 11 minutes until the top is set but the cake is still jiggly when you shake it.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cakes to sit for 30 seconds before you turn them over onto a plate. The longer you sit in the ramekin, the more they’ll cook. So, if you want that gooey center, try to work quickly.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and serve with fresh berries.
- make it paleo by using ghee instead of butter and a paleo-friendly ice cream 🙂
Keywords: lava cake, lava cake recipe, gluten free lava cake, easy lava cake, lava cake using almond flour