Forget about bread! This scrumptious gluten-free Banana Cake is sure to shake your post-holiday blues and get you excited for the warmer months ahead.
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works too)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the mashed bananas, eggs, peanut butter, agave, and coconut sugar.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk to combine.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chunks.
- Transfer the batter into a well greased cake or bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 – 55 minutes until the cake is firm and bounces back when you press on the top. If the top looks to be getting too brown, cover with aluminum foil and continue baking.
- While the cake is baking, whisk the chocolate chunks and coconut cream in a small pot over medium heat until smooth.
- Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes.
- Turn the cake over onto a cake stand and drizzle with the icing.