This Gluten Free Cheesecake is a delicious twist on your traditional cheesecake. It has a nutty crust which keeps it lower carb and gluten free!
For the crust:
- 1 and 1/2 cups halved pecans
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole cashews
- 1/4 cup melted refined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 pinch sea salt
For the cheesecake:
- 2 lbs. cream cheese (4 packages), at room temperature
- 1 and 1/3 cups granulated sugar (monkfruit sweetener, swerve, or granular white sugar works)
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup almond milk, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Strawberries, for serving
- Before beginning, set all ingredients out on the counter to come to room temperature. This is very important because it ensures a creamy cheesecake.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and put a large pot of water on to boil. When it reaches a boiling point, pour it into a casserole dish or oven safe pot placed on the bottom rack in the oven. This acts as a makeshift water bath and turns the oven into a “steam room”.
- To make the crust, in a food processor or high-powered blender, add the pecans and cashews and pulse until they’re a coarse meal.
- Add the coconut oil, coconut or brown sugar and salt, and process until the nuts are fine and the crust is starting to pull together.
- Press the nutty crust mixture into the bottom of a springform pan. Set aside.
- To make the cheesecake filling, add the cream cheese to a bowl and beat with a standing or hand-held mixer for 30 seconds, or until smooth. Add the sugar and cream together for about 1 minute.
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl. Add the eggs one at a time to the cream cheese, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add the Greek yogurt, almond milk, and vanilla, and beat until everything is mixed well. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the crust into the springform pan.
- Place the cheesecake on the middle rack of the oven, leaving the casserole dish with the water in the oven.