This gluten free buttermilk cornbread is moist, sweet, and has the best fluffy texture. It’s the perfect easy recipe for family dinners and potlucks!
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (honey or maple syrup also works)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the butter, coconut sugar, and agave nectar.
- Add in the eggs and buttermilk and whisk again until combined.
- Add the corneal, almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk until combined.
- Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper and pour the batter into the pan. Alternatively, you can use a well-greased cast-iron skillet.
- For the square pan, bake for 25-30 minutes, until the top center is set and edges are golden brown. If you’re baking the bread in the skillet, bake for 20 minutes until the top center is set and the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the bread to cool for a few minutes in the pan before cutting into it.