Servings: 3 - 4 hot pockets 1x
For the hot pocket crust:
- 1 and 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder/tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup melted ghee (or grass-fed butter)
- 1 tsp. salt
For the broccoli cheese filling:
- 1 Tbsp. ghee or grass-fed butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups finely diced broccoli fleurettes
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. arrowroot powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- About 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Add all of the crust ingredients into a food processor and process until the mixture pulls together.
- Turn out the crust dough and form into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Add the butter to a small skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli florets and cook for 5-7 minutes, until soft.
- Add the arrowroot powder, salt and garlic powder and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the coconut milk and cook until the milk thickens into the broccoli, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Roll the dough out onto parchment into a square. Cut the edges off so you have clean lines.
- Cut the dough in half widthwise, and in thirds or fourths lengthwise, depending on how large you want the hot pockets to be.
- On half of the pastry squares, sprinkle on about a tablespoon of the cheese.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the broccoli mixture on top of the cheese and add another tablespoon of the cheese to finish.
- Press a remaining square of dough on top of each square with filling in it. Press the edges together to seal.
- Place the hot pockets on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the hot pockets and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cheese on top of the hot pockets and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve while hot!