These delicious gluten free and paleo Gingerbread Muffins will be your new favorite! They’re such a yummy treat to have with your morning coffee!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or regular milk)
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups blanched almond four
- 2 tablespoons cassava flour (sub in additional almond flour or leave out, see blog post for notes)
- 3 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the eggs, almond milk, agave nectar, and coconut sugar.
- Once combined, continue to whisk and slowly drizzle the melted coconut oil into the bowl as you’re whisking.
- Add the salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and whisk again.
- Whisk in the apple cider vinegar.
- Add the almond four and cassava flour.
- Scoop the batter into muffin tins lined with muffin liners. Bake for 20 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- For the glaze: whisk together the coconut oil and agave nectar.
- Warm the coconut butter and stir in a tablespoon of coconut butter at a time until your desired consistency. I used about 4 tablespoons of coconut butter.
- Drizzle the muffins with the glaze!