- 4 yams, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Once you cut the yams thin slices, toss them in a bowl with olive oil.
- Line them in a baking dish standing up.
- In a saucepan, whisk the butter, garlic, and chopped sage over medium heat.
- Once fragrant, after a few minutes, pour 1/2 a cup of the cream in.
- Add the arrowroot flour and whisk constantly until it thickens up.
- Add the cheese and the remaining cream.
- Continue to whisk until completely combined.
- Pour the cheese sauce over top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
- I topped mine with some additional chopped sage out of the oven and enjoy!!
Serving: Calories 373; Fat 25.9g (Sat 13.8g); Protein 10.4g; Carb 26g (net carb 22.4g); Fiber 3.6g; Sodium 294mg