You’ll love these low carb and gluten free Fudgy Frozen Whoopie Pies! They’re chocolate cookie sandwiches with a homemade whip cream inside! So delicious!!
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cp blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (see notes below)
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup mini dark 60% cacao chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, agave, and coconut oil until it gets a little bubbly.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, cocoa, coconut flour, and mini chocolate chips.
- Mix until everything is combined through.
- Place golf-sized balls onto a lined baking sheet. My batter made about 14 chocolate cookies. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookies to a cooling rack and make the whip.
- In an electric mixer, whip the cream until it has firm peaks.
- Add the agave and mix once or twice until everything is combined.
- Scoop some whip on the bottom side of one of the cookies, and add another to the top, forming a little sandwich.
- Place the sandwiches on a lined baking pan and place in the freezer for a couple hours.
- I like a fresh chocolate drizzle, so once the whoopie pies are chilled, you can drizzle the additional chocolate on top.
- Alternatively, you can drizzle before you chill.
- If you like the taste of “salted chocolate” use 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. If that’s not your thing, stick to 1/4 teaspoon!