The recipe that needs to be in your snacking lineup: fig + beet bars! They’re low carb, gluten free, and the perfect healthy treat!
- 6 tablespoons (about 1/3 cup) ghee (butter or coconut oil works)
- 1 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 LoveBeets honey ginger cooked baby beets
- 1/4 cup fig jam
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- First, whisk together your ghee, agave nectar, and egg.
- Add the almond flour and sea salt and whisk everything together to combine.
- Form into a ball, wrap in parchment paper and chill in the fridge while you make the filling.
- In a food processor, place two LoveBeets honey ginger cooked baby beets, fig jam, and agave nectar.
- Process for 10 seconds, scrape down the sides and process again for another 5 – 10 seconds until it’s a jam consistency.
- Take the crust out from the fridge.
- Place it in between two pieces of parchment paper and roll it into a long oval or rectangle shape.
- Use a spatula place the beet + fig jam in the center of the crust.
- Then, fold the crust over the center by folding the parchment paper over and then peeling it back, leaving the crust over the center, on top of the jam.
- Finally, brush a whisked egg along the outer crust and bake for 15 minutes, checking after 10.
- Broil for an additional 2 minutes if you need to get that golden brown outer layer.
- Wait for the bars to cool COMPLETELY before cutting into them.
- Per serving: Calories 184; Fat 15.0g (Sat 6.1g); Protein 3.8g; Carb 10.1g (net carbs 8.5g); Fiber 1.6g; Sodium 99mg
- Serving Size: 10