Love this easy Eggplant Parmesan recipe with a low carb + gluten free breading! Such a delicious weeknight meal that everyone will love!!
- 1 eggplant
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella
- handful basil
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut the eggplant into 1/2″ slices.
- Lay the eggplant out on a baking sheet lined with paper towels or a clean dish towel.
- Salt them and let them sit for 30 – 45 minutes.
- This step is KEY!! It makes them softer and makes sure the extra moisture is pulled out of the eggplant and as well as any bitterness.
- Whisk the egg in one bowl. I used 1 egg, but if you have a larger eggplant, you may need to add in another egg when the first one runs out.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the almond flour, parmesan, garlic powder, dried basil, and dried oregano.
- After the eggplant is done sitting, pat dry with paper towels.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip each eggplant into the egg, allow excess egg to slide off and then dip into the nutty “breading” mixture.
- Place onto the baking sheet, its a good place for them to hangout while they cook.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat with olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, place the eggplant into the pan. I put 3 – 4 in the pan at a time, it’ll take a few batches to cook them all.
- Cook for 2- 3 minutes each side.
- When they’re done cooking, place back on the lined baking sheet.
- Top each eggplant with some marinara sauce and a slice of mozzarella.
- Place the baking pan into the oven and broil on high until the mozzarella is melted, about 2- 5 minutes depending on how hot your oven is.
- Finish with fresh basil and eat!!