Get into the fall spirit with this Easy Pumpkin Alfredo! It’s only seven ingredients, so easy to whip together, and will be a such a crowd pleaser!
- 16 oz. pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 fresh sage leaves, chopped (plus a few extra for garnish)
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese + more for topping
- cracked black pepper
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions.
- Melt your butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and chopped sage to the pan and sauté for 3 – 5 minutes until fragrant and the garlic is golden brown. I put a few full sage leaves into the pan to fry them up for garnish. After a few minutes, use tongs to remove the fried sage leaves from the pan and set aside.
- Add the heavy cream, pumpkin puree, and parmesan cheese.
- Stir and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer for 7 – 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Remove the sauce from heat.
- Pour the pasta into the pan and fold everything together to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Plate the pasta and top with additional grated parmesan, cracked black pepper and the fried sage.