Want a super easy dinner that feels really fancy? This gluten free Easy + Creamy Chicken Marsala is the perfect date night dinner!
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 medium shallots, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
- parsley for garnish
- Place the arrowroot flour, garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix together and add the chicken tenders to the bowl and coat them with the flour breading.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over high heat for about 2 minutes until the oil is hot.
- Place the tenders into the skillet and cook for 5 minutes until the tenders are golden brown.
- Flip the tenders and cook for another 3 minutes. You may need to turn down the heat to medium or medium-high and work in batches to cook all the tenders.
- Transfer the tenders to a plate lined with a paper towel and set aside.
- Add the sliced shallots to the pan and sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently until they are softened and golden brown.
- Add the marsala wine, chicken stock, and coconut cream and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of arrowroot flour and whisk into the sauce for about 1 minutes.
- Turn down the heat to medium and simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring frequently until the sauce is slightly reduced.
- Add the chicken back to the pan.
- Cook for another 3 minutes, garnish with parsley and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 740
- Sugar: 8.3g
- Sodium: 703mg
- Fat: 22.5g
- Saturated Fat: 28.9g
- Carbohydrates: 22.5g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 38.9g
- Cholesterol: 101mg