You have got to make a batch of this dairy free and low carb Curried Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups for your lunches this week! They’re so flavorful!!
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts
- 1 can (13.5 oz) unsweetened coconut cream
- 1 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 stalk celery stalk, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish.
- Pour the can of coconut cream overtop.
- Bake for 40 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- Allow the chicken to come to room temperature.
- Once the chicken has cooled, place on a cutting board and cut into about 1/2 inch cubes. Alternatively, you can use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl along with the avocado oil mayonnaise, dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, chopped red onion, chopped celery, cilantro, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper.
- Fold everything together until the chicken is coated in mayonnaise and everything is combined.
- Cut the bottom off the iceberg lettuce head and peel back the leaves. Try to maintain their cup form. Rinse and dry your lettuce leaves.
- Scoop the chicken salad into the lettuce cups and serve.
- If meal prepping or packing these for lunch, keep and pack the chicken salad separately from the lettuce wraps and assemble right before eating.