These low glycemic, vegan, and paleo friendly Crunchy Almond Butter Cups will be your new favorite dessert! I love how crunchy and fun this recipe is!!
- 2 cups 60% cacao dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 1 cup natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works for higher glycemic)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- sea salt
- First, melt your chocolate in a bowl. I put mine in the microwave for a minute and 30 seconds, stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Put the coconut oil into the bowl and stir it until it’s nice and silky smooth.
- Place the mold on top of a cutting board or flat surface you can easily transfer it to the fridge.
- Tilt the mold so the chocolate evenly covers the bottom.
- In a separate bowl, add the natural almond butter, agave nectar (you can use honey or maple syrup), chia seeds, hemp hearts, cacao nibs, and flax seeds. You can use any combination of seeds you want, or even add some chunky chopped nuts if you wish.
- Add a dollop of the almond butter mixture to the center of the candy mold, on top of the chocolate layer.
- Try to keep it in the center so the chocolate top layer can come down the sides and surround the almond butter on all sides. This is completely for aesthetics and not necessary to the success of the recipe 😉
- Place the molds in the fridge to set for a few hours until the chocolate hardens.
- Once the chocolate is hard, remove from the molds.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat.