Servings: serves 4 - 6 1x
- 16 oz. halloumi cheese (2 x 8oz packages)
- 1 cup oat milk (or other favorite milk)
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour (cashew flour or all-purpose four are also a great option)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- sunflower oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- marinara sauce for dipping!
- Whisk together the milk, flour, garlic powder, paprika and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a shallow bowl.
- Allow to sit for a couple minutes to thicken up.
- Meanwhile, pour the oil into a pan until it’s about 1/4 – 1/2 inch deep. Turn the heat to medium-high heat until the oil is hot.
- Coat the halloumi fries in the breading mixture, flipping them to cover both sides.
- Place the fries into the hot oil and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes, then flip to cook the other side.
- Use tongs to gently remove the fries and place onto a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Once you’re done frying, plate the fries and top with grated parmesan and oregano.
- Serve and enjoy warm!
- I served these fries with some marinara sauce for some fun dipping but have fun with different dips!
- Serving Size: 1/6 the batch
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 5.2g
- Sodium: 475mg
- Fat: 23.3g
- Saturated Fat: 15.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8.9g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 17.7g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
© The Toasted Pine Nut