Learn how to make the BEST CRISPY chicken wings in your air fryer in under 20 minutes! This easy recipe uses a small amount of oil and spices!
- 1 1/2 chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- bbq sauce or buffalo wing sauce for serving
- Turn the chicken wing so the underside is facing up.
- Stretch the wing out and notice three parts of the wing: the tip (flapper), the middle (wingette or flap), and meaty top (drumette)
- Use your fingers to feel for the joint ridges between the three parts of the wing.
- Use a sharp knife to make slices at the ridges until the parts come apart.
- Place the wingette and drumette into a medium bowl and discard the flapper or save it to make homemade stock.
- Add the avocado oil, garlic powder, salt, and ground pepper to the bowl.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold everything together and coat the wings.
- Arrange the wings in your air fryer basket or tray in a single layer, about 1/2 inch apart.
- Set your air fryer to 400F.
- Once hot, slide the wings in and air fry for 16 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite bbq sauce and enjoy!