I cannot get enough of this dairy free Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup! Its the perfect easy, healthy, comforting soup recipe to make this winter!
- 2 lbs. roma tomatoes
- 1 sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut cream
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut all the tomatoes in half.
- Place them, flat-side down on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add the chopped onion on top of the tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Transfer all the roasted tomatoes and juices from the pan into a blender along with the coconut cream, vegetable broth, garlic cloves, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and crush red pepper flakes.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until smooth and completely combined.
- The soup should be hot enough, but if needed, pour it into a sauce pot over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until heated to desired temperature.
- Pour into bowls and top with a drizzle of warmed coconut cream, some fresh herbs like basil or thyme, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
Keywords: soup, tomato soup, creamy tomato soup, tomato soup recipe, healthy tomato soup recipe, dairy free tomato soup, dairy free tomato soup recipe