Tahini pasta is creamy, garlic-y, and so easy to make! With only 8 ingredients, you only need 25 minutes for this tasty weeknight meal.
- 8 oz. pasta (regular pasta, chickpea pasta, lentil pasta or even spaghetti squash would be delish)
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2/3 cup water, divided (1/3 cup fresh tap water, 1/3 cup pasta water)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup also works)
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped (plus a few small leaves for garnish)
Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook it according to package directions.
Add the avocado oil and chopped onions to a skillet over medium low heat.
Sauté the onions for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently until they’re a deep, rich golden brown.
While the pasta is cooking and the onions are caramelizing, add the tahini, 1/3 cup fresh water, agave, garlic, and salt in the blender and blend until creamy. Set aside.
Once the onions are caramelized and the pasta is drained, add the tahini sauce, 1/3 cup pasta water, drained pasta and chopped basil to the pan with the caramelized onions. Toss until coated.
Plate the pasta and top with toasted pine nuts and small, fresh basil leaves.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the pot
- Calories: 419
- Sugar: 8.4g
- Sodium: 198mg
- Fat: 21.9g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 12.6g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
Keywords: tahini pasta, pasta tahini, tahini pasta sauce