Servings: serves 16 1x
- 16 oz (2 x 8 oz blocks) cream cheese
- 3 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 cups dried cranberries
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- Warm the cream cheese in the microwave for about 30 seconds. I found that warm cream cheese was easiest to mix everything together and incorporate the goodies throughout the cheese ball.
- Toast up your pecans. Place them in a pan over medium-low heat, shaking and stirring them frequently for about 5 – 7 minutes or until they are golden and fragrant.
- Add 1 cup of toasted pecans, 1 cup of dried cranberries, shredded Gruyere, and 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary to the bowl with the cream cheese.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold everything together until the ingredients are combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 2 cups of pecans and 2 cups of cranberries, and remaining 1 tablespoon rosemary. Stir to combine.
- Place a little scoop of the pecan/cranberry mixture onto your plate and transfer the cheese ball on top.
- Use your hands to press the rest of the pecan/cranberry mixture into the ball. If needed, pick the ball up to form it and press the outside goodies onto the outside.
- Once completely coated with the pecans and cranberries, place the ball back on the center of the plate and serve with your favorite veggies and crackers!
If making ahead, allow to sit out for 20 – 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
© The Toasted Pine Nut