Whether they’re a party appetizer or a fun weeknight treat, these coconut crusted shrimp are always are crowd pleaser!
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- First, whisk your eggs in a bowl.
- In a second bowl, stir together the unsweetened coconut shreds, garlic powder, and sea salt.
- Pour half of the coconut mixture into a third bowl. I like to separate it so as you coat the shrimp, you can top off the coating bowl with some fresh coconut as needed.
- Take your shrimp, use one hand to dip it into the egg bowl and coat it.
- With the same hand, hold the shrimp over the egg bowl to drip off excess egg, then place in your coconut coating bowl.
- Use your second hand to coat the shrimp in coconut and place it on a lined baking sheet.
- Continue this process until all the shrimp are coated and lined on the baking sheet. I found it best to have one “egg hand” and one “coconut crusting hand.”
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through and the outer coconut is light brown and toasted.
- If your shrimp is cooked but the coconut isn’t crispy, throw the broiler on for a couple minutes to help it along.
- While the Shrimp are baking, whisk together your mayo, hot sauce, horseradish, and ketchup. I sprinkled my shrimp with some cilantro for fun!
Serving: Calories 401; Fat 29.4g (Sat 22.1g); Protein 21.9g; Carb 15g (net carb 7.4g); Fiber 6.6g; Sodium 657mg