- 1 1/2 ripe avocados
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup fine macaroon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup avocado mayo
- 1 – 2 tablespoons dijon mustard (depending how much mustard you like)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut the avocados in half.
- Turn the flat side to the cutting board and cut them in half again.
- Peel back the skin and then slice them about 1/4 – 1/3 inch slices.
- In one bowl, whisk together the egg, sea salt, and garlic powder.
- Place the finely shredded coconut in a second bowl.
- Use one hand to pick up an avocado slice and dip it into the egg bowl.
- Let the excess egg drip off and then drop it into the coconut bowl.
- Use the other hand to coat the avocado in coconut and then pick it up and put it on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then broil it on high for 2 minutes, until they’re golden brown.
- Juice half of the lime.
- While the avocado fries are baking, whisk together the lime juice, the mayo, dijon, garlic cloves, salt and pepper.
- When the avocados come out, squeeze the other half of the lime onto top and sprinkle with additional sea salt.
- The fries are best served warm!
Serving : Calories 386; Fat 36.1g (Sat 22g); Protein 3.7g; Carb 12.6g (net carb 5.8g); Fiber 6.8g; Sodium 116mg