Chocolate Olive Oil Cake is fluffy, rich, chocolatey and deliciously decadent. Made with almond flour, this cake is naturally gluten free!
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Whisk together the olive oil, eggs, and coconut sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt to the bowl.
- Whisk again until the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Place a circle piece of parchment paper on the bottom of a 9 inch circle cake pan. Grease the pan with additional olive oil.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes until the top is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Use a butter knife to slide around the edges of the cake. Turn the cake over and tap on the bottom to release it from the pan.
- Place another plate on the bottom of the cake to flip it again so the top is facing up.
- Allow the cake to cool and come to room temperature.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with powdered sugar and cut into 12 slices.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 194
- Sugar: 10.8g
- Sodium: 115mg
- Fat: 15.8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13.9g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
Keywords: chocolate olive oil cake