The BEST low carb, gluten free, and dairy free pie you’ll ever eat! It’s so chocolatey, decadent and this Chocolate Ganache Pie is the perfect recipe for a holiday or special occasion!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (or ghee)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg (whisked for brushing)
- 4 tablespoons butter (or ghee)
- 1 1/4 cups 60%cacao dark chocolate chips
- 1 can (13 oz.) coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (honey, maple syrup or coconut nectar works too)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the butter (or ghee for dairy free) and egg.
- Add the almond flour and sea salt and continue to whisk until everything is combined.
- Then, grease the pie pan with coconut oil. I just bunched up some parchment paper, dipped it in a jar of coconut oil and rubbed it along the inside and bottom of the pie pan.
- Place the crust into the pan and use your fingers to evenly spread it throughout.
- Then, whisk your second egg in a bowl and brush it on the edges and inside of the crust.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until the inside and edges are golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, place your butter (or ghee for dairy free) in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the coconut cream, agave nectar, and vanilla.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently for everything to be evenly combined.
- Remove from the heat and pour into the bowl with the butter and chips.
- Allow the contents to sit in the bowl for a few minutes and then whisk it until completely silky smooth and combined.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the crust and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours. In my experience allowing it to sit overnight really enables it to firm up and elevate it magic 🙂
- Sprinkle with some cocoa before serving.
- Per slice: Calories 460; Fat 41.1g (Sat 14.6g); Protein 6.6g; Carb 21.7g (net carb 17.4g); Fiber 4.3g; Sodium 118mg
- Serving Size: 8