You’ll love these FLUFFY Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Donuts!! They’re gluten free, dairy free, and the perfect dessert recipe for fall!
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works)
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil + 1 tablespoon for the chocolate icing
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the pumpkin, agave nectar, vanilla, coconut oil, and eggs until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Whisk again until combined.
- Transfer the batter to a plastic baggie or piping baggie.
- Cut off one corner of the plastic baggie.
- Spray your donut pan with your favorite cooking spray – I use a coconut oil spray.
- Place the silicone donut pan on a baking sheet so it’s easy to transfer in and out of the oven.
- Squeeze the batter out in a circle around the donut cavity until it is almost full.
- Fill all six donut cavities.
- Tap the pan on the counter a few times to get the batter to be even.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until the center no longer jiggles when you shake the pan and the donut bounces back a bit when you gently touch it.
- Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before you remove them from the donut pan and place on a cooling rack.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minute, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut oil into the chocolate chip bowl and stir until smooth.
- Hold one donut, turn it upside down to dip the top into the bowl.
- Once the top is coated, place it back on the cooling rack until you’re ready to eat!
- To harden the chocolate topping, place in the fridge for 5 – 10 minutes to chill.