This Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is the perfect summer recipe to use up your summer squash! It’s gluten free, dairy free, and so easy to whip together!
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, liquid squeezed out
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup natural almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut nectar (agave, honey, or maple syrup works)
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grate the zucchini and place it in the center of a cheese cloth or clean, thin dish towel in a strainer in a sink.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe banana.
- Add the eggs, almond butter, and coconut nectar.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together.
- Gather the corners of the cheese cloth and squeeze out the excess moisture over the sink.
- Once you’ve squeezed as much liquid as you can, transfer it to the bowl and whisk it in with the wet ingredients.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Whisk again until combined.
- Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan and bake for 35 minutes until the top is golden brown, rises, and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Drag a butter knife around any edges not covered by parchment paper.
- Pull the ends of the parchment paper to remove the bread from the pan.
- Transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing.