Servings: 16 small cookies 1x
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup agave nectar (honey or maple syrup also works here)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the tahini, agave, vanilla, and egg to a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk again until the dry ingredients are incorporated. The dough will be super sticky.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, saving some to press into the tops.
- Use a cookie dough scooper to scoop balls and roll them in your hands to make them smooth and round. The dough is sticky, so this works best if your hands are damp.
- Place 8 cookie dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use your palm to press the tops down slightly and press the remaining chocolate chips into the tops.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for five minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- These make 16 smaller cookies, but you can use an ice cream scooper to make 8 – 10 larger cookies!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 8.8g
- Sodium: 171mg
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11.3g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
© The Toasted Pine Nut