This Cheesy Marinara Spaghetti Squash is such a simple low carb recipe! Load it up with marinara and melty cheese for a deliciously family friendly meal!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 large leaves fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the ends off your spaghetti squash and then cut it in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Place the spaghetti squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, drizzle with avocado oil (or olive oil or whatever your favorite oil is) and sprinkle with sea salt and ground pepper.
- Turn the spaghetti squash so the flat side is down on the baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, flip the squash so the flat side is up (I find it easiest to use tongs) and continue to roast for another 15 minutes. Increase the time by another 15 minutes if you have a particularly large spaghetti squash.
- After roasting, use a fork to pull the strands away from the outer shell and transfer to a baking dish or oven-proof skillet.
- Once all the spaghetti squash strands are in the dish, pour the marinara over top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil on high for 1 – 2 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Toast the pine nuts over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until toasty light brown.
- Sprinkle the spaghetti squash dish with toasted pine nut and chopped basil and enjoy!