- 1 small head cauliflower
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon basil (dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/4 cup pepperoni
- handful of basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and process in the food processor until extra fine, you may need to do this in a couple batches.
- Place the processed cauliflower in microwave safe bowl and cook in microwave for 4 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Put the cauliflower in the center of a cheese cloth or tea towel, gather the ends, and squeeze out excess moisture from the cauliflower.
- Combine all crust ingredients in a bowl: squeezed cauliflower, spices, egg, cheeses.
- Form a pizza crust on your parchment paper lined pan.
- Keep crust about 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick (the thinner the better!).
- Brush the edges with some olive oil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- To get the center browned, broil on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and top with your favorite things.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
Per slice: Calories 63; Fat 5.7g (Sat 1.2g); Protein 2.9g; Carb 0.6g; Sodium 178mg (nutritional facts are for just the crust).
© The Toasted Pine Nut