These Cashew Gingerbread Squares are the most delicious and easy sweet snack! They’re only a handful of ingredients, vegan, gluten free, and paleo!
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons natural cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- In your food processor, process 1 cup of cashews, hemp hearts, chia seeds, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and nutmeg until it’s a nice nut flour consistency.
- Add the agave nectar and the other 1/2 cup of the cashews. Process until it’s combined and sticky.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper and press the bar batter into a single, flat layer. Sprinkle with additional hemp hearts and chopped cashews and gently press it into the top.
- Pop in the freezer for about 1 hour. Pull the parchment paper out to remove the squares from the pan and cut into 8 squares.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cashew butter and coconut oil. Drizzle the bars with the cashew butter mixture. Store in the fridge to 1) harden the cashew butter, and 2) keep them solid until you’re ready to eat. If you keep them out at room temperature, they’ll begin to soften, so make sure they’re stored appropriately 🙂