You’ll love these low carb + gluten free Carrot Zucchini Fritters! It’s a fun twist on your traditional potato pancake latkes! You’ll love them!!
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (I used coconut)
- unsweetened applesauce
- sour cream
- Using the grating attachment to your food processor, grate your carrots.
- Add them to a large bowl with the chopped onion, dill, salt, pepper, and eggs.
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze out the excess moisture in a clean, thin dish towel. I used a cheese cloth, but any tea towel should work!
- Add the squeezed zucchini to the bowl.
- Mix everything together and let it sit for about 20 minutes in the fridge before you cook it.
- Once the mixture is done resting, there will be water/egg that gathers at the bottom. You can just avoid that and drain it through your fingers as you scoop your mounds.
- Heat cooking oil over medium-high heat.
- Place three loose half-handfuls in the oil. Keep them as little mounds for about 2 minutes.
- Then, using the back of your spatula, press them down gently into a more pancake shape. Cook for about another 3 minutes.
- Then, flip the pancake and cook the other side for 3-5 minutes. If they’re cooking too quickly, turn the heat down.
- Remove from the pan and place them on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Continue this process until the batter is finished!
- Serve with applesauce and sour cream.