You guys are going to love how moist and delicious these Carrot Cake Cupcakes are!! They are perfect for your easter brunch or next get together!
- 1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the butter (ghee or coconut oil works too), coconut sugar, agave, vanilla, and eggs.
- Add the almond flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
- Whisk until everything is combined.
- Fold in the shredded carrot and walnuts.
- Place liners in your muffin tin.
- Use an ice cream scooper to scoop the batter into each muffin tin until they’re almost all full. They don’t expand or rise too much, so feel free to make them pretty full.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack and allow to come to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the icing ingredients.
- Whip them on high until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the icing to a plastic baggie and cut off one corner.
- Squeeze the bag to ice each cupcake and sprinkle with additional walnuts.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour for the icing and cupcakes to set.
Serving (1 cupcake): Calories 344; Fat 29.2g (Sat 14.3g); Protein 5.3g; Carb 17.2g (net carb 15.5g); Fiber 1.7g; Sodium 259mg