Love these Caramelized Onion Spinach + Feta Turkey Burgers with sweet potato buns for a delicious weeknight meal! Such a tasty gluten free dinner!
- 1 large sweet potato, washed
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Cut the sweet potato in 1/4 – 1/2 inch slices.
- Place them in a large pan with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil over medium heat.
- Cook for 3 minutes, flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Continue to flip and cook until they are softened and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan that you used for the sweet potatoes.
- Place the chopped onion in a pan over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon avocado oil.
- Sauté, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes until the onions are reduced and browned.
- Transfer the onions to a medium bowl.
- In the same pan, add the spinach leaves.
- Sauté for about 3 minutes until they’re wilted.
- Transfer them to the bowl.
- Add the ground turkey, garlic, feta, salt, ground pepper, cumin, and smoked paprika to the bowl.
- Use your hands to smush everything together and combine it thoroughly.
- Wipe out your skillet and warm it over medium-high heat.
- Add another tablespoon of avocado oil to the skillet.
- Form 6 patties with your hands and put them in your skillet, about 2 inches apart.
- Cook for 3 minutes, then flip. Cook for 3 minutes, then flip.
- Cook for about 10 minutes total, until the sliders are cooked all the way through.
- Place the burger between two sweet potato rounds and add your favorite toppings: tomato, lettuce, avocado, and sprouts for some suggestions.
- Top with whatever your favorite condiments, and enjoy!!