This easy Butternut Squash Mac + Cheese is a delicious family friendly dinner that adds a fun new flavor to your kids’ tastebuds.
- 3 cups butternut squash cubes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 oz. noodles
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (optional)
- Place three cups of cubed butternut squash in a pot along with the broth and garlic over high heat.
- Place the lid on the pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the squash is boiling, cook your pasta according to package directions.
- Once the butternut squash is easily pierced with a fork, pour the broth and butternut mixture into a high powered blender along with the cream, cheddar, mozzarella, and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Drain the pasta and place back into the pot. Pour the smooth cheesy butternut sauce on top and mix until coated.
- Transfer the cheesy mac to a baking dish and top with panko breadcrumbs (if desired).
- Broil for 1 minute so the panko gets golden brown. Garnish with chopped chives.