Really fun treat and snack for autumn! These Butternut Squash Jack O’ Lanterns are flavorful and perfect for the kids and adults alike!
- 1 medium butternut squash, cut in 1/4″ slices
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut off the ends of the butternut squash and peel the outer layer to the orangey flesh.
- Then, hold on to the bell part of the squash and cut 1/4 inch slices until you get to the seeds. Save the seedy bell for another recipe.
- Use a cookie cutter or a paring knife to cut out the eyes and mouth of the jack-o-lanturns. Play with different shapes like a witches hat, a pumpkin, stars, a spider, a bat, etc.
- Place the shapes on a lined baking sheet.
- Brush with melted coconut oil and sprinkle with spices. Flip the squash and brush and spice the other side.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Then, broil on high for about 2 minutes.