Spruce up your frittata game with deliciously decadent fall flavors! You’ll LOVE this low carb + gluten free Butternut Squash Bacon + Gruyere Frittata!!
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, cut in cubes
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 8 eggs
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 leaves sage, chopped
- Cook your bacon over medium heat, flipping every couple minutes.
- Once cooked, set aside on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- After you remove your bacon from the pan, sauté the butternut squash cubes in the bacon grease.
- I cooked mine for about 10-15 minutes, stirring often, until it’s golden brown and easily pierced with a fork.
- Add the beaten eggs to the squash in the pan, making an even layer of egg on the bottom of the pan.
- Use your spatula to evenly distribute the butternut squash in the egg.
- Sprinkle the egg/butternut squash mixture with sea salt and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle the egg/butternut squash mixture with shredded Gruyere cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Keep the heat around medium while you cook stovetop.
- Don’t disrupt the eggs while they’re cooking.
- Once the edges begin to puff up, place the pan in the oven, on the rack closest to the top. Broil it on high for about 2-3 minutes, or until the center of the frittata sets.
- Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle with chopped sage.
- Cut the frittata into slices and serve!
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 151
- Sodium: 233mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 206mg