- 4 soft shell lobsters (1.25 lbs. each)
- 8 quarts water (1 quart = 4 cups. 8 quarts = 32 cups sounds kinda crazy)
- 8 T. sea salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Add 8 quarts water and 8 T. sea salt to a large pot. Bring it to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add the lobsters to the pot and cover.
- Bring the water back up to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- For a soft-shell lobster that’s around 1-1.25 pounds, cook for about 12 minutes. If your lobster is closer to 1.5 pounds, cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lobsters from the pot and plate. You can use tongs or a silicone cooking mit.
- Melt the unsalted butter in individual dishes to serve with the lobster.
- Buy your lobster day of, preferably only a couple hours before cooking. Store them in the refrigerator. This will “stun” them before cooking.
- Serving Size: 4