Love this bbq chicken spaghetti squash for an easy, low carb and gluten free meal! This is the only way I’m eating spaghetti squash from here on out.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lime
- i handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced or smashed with a fork
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the ends off the spaghetti squash and cut it in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Brush the inside of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place it on a lined baking sheet flat-side down.
- Roast it in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes, flip the squash over so the flat side is facing up.
- Place the chicken breast on the pan, drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Pop it back in the oven for another 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Place your red pepper and onion in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté until browned.
- When the squash and chicken are done in the oven, transfer the chicken to a bowl and use two forks to pull it apart and shred it.
- Toss the chicken with your favorite bbq sauce and set aside.
- Keep the squash on the pan and use a fork to pull the spaghetti strands away from the squash wall.
- Place some peppers and onion in the center of the squash.
- Add the chicken, corn, and shredded cheese.
- Broil the squash for about 2 minutes so the cheese melts.
- Squeeze lime juice on top, sprinkle with chopped cilantro, and some avocado.
Serving: Calories 380; Fat 26.2g (Sat 5.4g); Protein 10.2g; Carb 30.6g (net carb 27.7g); Fiber 2.9g; Sodium 443mg