My kids LOVE these vegan and gluten free banana bread buckeyes!! Really fun and delicious way to use those spotty bananas for a tasty snack!
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tablespoon flaked sea salt, for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts, for sprinkling
- First, place the almond flour and hemp hearts in your food processor.
- Process for about 20 seconds until everything is chopped up and combined.
- Transfer the almond flour mixture to a separate bowl.
- Don’t go crazy trying to clean out the tub of the food processor, just try to get most out.
- Place the banana, peanut butter, agave, and coconut oil in the food processor.
- Process for about 30 seconds.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides and process again for 5 – 10 seconds.
- Add the almond flour mixture and walnuts.
- Process until everything is combined.
- The batter will be super sticky. Allow the batter to sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes to firm up.
- With damp hands, roll the batter into balls, dipping 3/4 of the ball into chocolate and then placing on parchment paper.
- You may need to wash your hands every couple balls so they don’t get too sticky when rolling.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and additional hemp hearts, if desired.
- Pop in the fridge for 5 minutes then EAT!!
Per ball: Calories 213; Fat 15.8g (Sat 4.3g); Protein 5.7g; Carb 15.8g (net carb 13g); Fiber 2.8g; Sodium 150mg