Really hearty and delicious Baked Vegetarian “Meat” Balls made form nuts and seeds! They’re so filling and perfectly satisfying on top of your zoodles 🙂
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup whole flax seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 15 – 20 oz. roasted garlic pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In your food processor, process the whole almonds, flax seeds, hemp hearts, pepitas, and garlic cloves until chunky, about 20 seconds.
- Add the sea salt, cumin, onion powder, chili powder, and oregano, and process for another 5 seconds.
- Add the egg and coconut oil and process again until everything in combined, about 10 seconds.
- Roll the batter into 12 balls, and pace on a lined baking pan.
- Bake for 4 minutes, roll the balls to flip them a bit and bake for another 4 minutes.
- Remove the “meat” balls from the oven and place in warmed sauce.
- Keep the balls in the sauce until ready to serve.
Serving (1 ball): Calories 219; Fat 17.7g (Sat 4.4g); Protein 9.4g; Carb 8.3g (net carb 3.1g); Fiber 5.2g; Sodium 167mg