You love this easy recipe for vegan and gluten free baked Baked Beet Falafel! These falafels make for a perfect pop of plant based protein to any salad or pita!
- 2 cooked beets
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- handful parsley
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Place the cooked beets in the food processor. I bought cooked beets, but you can cook your own.
- Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas, garlic cloves, lemon juice, parsley, almond flour, baking powder, sea salt, and cumin.
- Process again for about five seconds.
- Scrape down the sides with a spatula and process again until the ingredients are combined but still chunky.
- Use a cookie scooper (or ice cream scooper if you want bigger falafel) and scoop little mounds out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Gently press down the tops of the mounds and tuck in the edges.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- OPTIONAL: If you want to crisp up the outsides even more, you can sauté the falafel in avocado oil for about 1 minute each side after they’re done baking.
- Add your falafel to a pita or on top of a salad and enjoy!!